Sunday, September 28, 2008
Hot Cocoa Purse
Carolyn (Cammie) has provided some awesome challenges for our CCEE group this month. This week is the last of her challenges. Thanks Cam!!! Dawn L provided us with some fun challenges for the month of October.
Well, for today, we were to make a shaped card, and we had to stay away from circles. I received a Hallmark card in the mail this week in this shape, and thought it would be great to make it into a Hot Cocoa Carrier. (The Hallmark card was flat, mine has a bit of dimension. Here's how I did it.
1. Take a 4 1/4" x 10 1/2" piece of cs. Score it at 5" and 5 1/2". I added 1/4" smaller dp inside and then stapled the Cocoa packet to it. The staple will be hidden by the layers on the outside.
2. Decorate the outside as you wish. I stamped the Impression Obsession Marshmallow mug image on Neenah Natural White and colored it with my copics. I added liquid applique to the marshmallows, and some glitter to the cap, flakes and pom-poms. I also punched the corners with my SU Corner Tag punch.
3. For the handles, I put two Nestability Circles, one inside the other, cut and embossed them. I then punched out a small oval with the SU small Oval punch and cut off each tip to make the base of the handles. After that, I attached two brads that were inserted into two punched circles.
4. For the sentiment, I stamped the Hero Arts Clear Thinking of you Messages with Walnut Ranger Distress Ink and distressed all the edges with the same ink.
5. Finally, I had this fabulous ribbon by Making Memories that I thought looked like a scarf! I tied it at the top like you would put ribbon through a hole in a bookmark. I'm sorry, I don't know how else to explain it.
To see what the other girls created for this challenge, head on over to the CCEE Stampers Blog. They are all fantastic stampers. You won't be disappointed!!
That's it. Thank you all for your visit!! I've been a bit overwhelmed this week. It's been fun!! Thanks for all your encouragement and support. I'm heading to a wedding out of state soon, so my posting will be a bit erratic. I will be sure to postdate a couple so my blog won't be completely idle. I just didn't want you wondering where I disappeared to.
Stamps - Marshmallow Mug (Alesa Baker - Impression Obsession), Sentiment (Hero Arts)
Paper - Signature Life Rouge Paper (My Mind's Eye) Suede Light and Dark (Prismatics)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Walnut (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Cuttlebug, Copics, Glitter, Liquid Applique, Nestabilities, Scor-Pal, Corner Tag Punch (SU), Brads, Ribbon, Fibers