Thursday, November 13, 2008

Birthday Bunny for a Birthday Boy

A precious little boy is turning 3 in a couple of days, and I needed a special card. Since I just received some new MFT stamps from my dear friend Frances (StampOwl),

{Thanks Hoots}

I thought it would be a perfect time to do their sketch challenge today. And when I saw that SCS's Ways To Use It challenge today was to use watercolor paper, I thought I'd watercolor this MFT bunny called Cupcake Flopsey!

He's stamped with Black Onyx Versafine onto 140 lb watercolor paper, embossed with Detail Black ep, cut out and mounted onto 110 lb Neenah Solar White paper. The dp is Wild Asparagus (MME), and the stars are cuttlebug diecuts.

I pierced the two side strips and sewed twine into place with scrappers floss, and ink distressed everything with Walnut Stain (Ranger distress Ink).

Finally, since this card is going to a little boy, I made a baseball cap for this cupcake delieverer. However, I couldn't stop myself from adding a touch of sparkle to the cupcake with Frosted Lace Stickles, cause the mom of this sweet little guy is a HUGE cupcake fan, and LOVES bling. What can I say...I love bling too. But notice...no ribbon.

To get the curl in the ribbon floss on the top left star, I just wound it around the needle part of my piercing tool.

That's it y'all!! Hope you're having an awesome day!! Tomorrow is FRIDAY!! Woo-Hoo!! And I get to go to two Gift shop open houses, taste gourmet food, and shop for Christmas gifts!! Can't wait!!

Happy Stamping!
Tosh
Supplies - Cupcake Flopsey, Simply Said (MFT) Paper - Suede Brown Light, Wild Asparagus (MME) Ink - Black Onyx (Versafine),Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink), Latte, Mushroom, Espresso, Stonewashed (Adirondack Dye reinkers) Accessories - Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, twine, Scrappers Floss, piercing tool, sewing needle, dimensional tape, Frosted Lace Stickles

10 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

That twine and floss is TOO FLIPPIN COOL!! Awesome watercoloring too!!

dpkennedy said...

This is fabulous! Your twine sewing is awesome and I really love all the inked edges! He's going to love this!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tosh - I adore the sweet vintage feel of this DP coupled with your stitches and the soft glow this bunny exudes. You are the master and I am certainly far from worthy. Your art sweeps me away and flies me to the moon.

Amber said...

what a adorable little card ! you did a awsome job on it as always your work is great I hope that you and your family have a blessed and wonderful holiday season

Jami said...

Oh my, Tosh, this is so fun. I just love the soft color palette, and that adorable little hat on Flopsey! And that twine treatment is beyond cool!!!
hugs, Jami

Cindy Haffner said...

So fun Tosh, love Flopsey.

Kim Teasdale said...

Oh, I LOVE this card! Is so adorable without being too babyish! Fantastic colouring and gorgeous card!

Judy Rozema said...

So so cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was already an awesome card when I saw it on SCS the other day - just way tooooo cute!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your little bunny with his cupcake is so darling!! I love all of the stars, and your wonderful floss-work!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs