Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cat in the Hat

Howdy!! I hope everyone is having a fabulous week. I made this card today for SCS's Sketch challenge found HERE. I don't know what I was thinking by adding all the hardware, but what's done is done!!

This adorable *cat in the hat* image Cat Nap by Artful Stamper, was colored with copics, and the hat is flocked.

The little snowman in the picture is from the set Little Somethings (SU - 1998 - retired). For the corners, I cut out a section of the SnowDots embossing folder with a nestability square and ink distressed it with Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink).

The flakes are Felt (SU) and were coated with Dazzling Diamonds (SU) after dipping them in my Glue Essentials pad. The bottom panel is pierced with an ornare template, and the subtle blue flakes on the white panels are Tinsel Town (Pink Paislee). The Merry Christmas sentiment is by Northwoods.

Finally, I added some brads and some Icons Rhinestone stickers.

Thanks for stopping by. Have an awesome week!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps -Cat Nap (Artful Stamper), Pink Paislee, Little Somethings (SU)
Paper - Cosmo Cricket, Kaisercraft, Granola - Basicgrey
Ink - Tuxedo Black Memento, Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Copics, Nestabilities, felt snowflakes, rhinestone stickers, piercing tool and template, corner rounder, cuttlebug, dimensional tape, dazzling diamonds, white flock

15 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Wow...this is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the tiny brads! It has such a warm and cozy feel...and that image is just too cute! Love it!!

Unknown said...

This Artful Stamper image is gorgeous the way you colored and embellished him! And I LOVE the hardware, the piercing, all your adorable embellies! GREAT CARD!

Denise Marzec said...

FAAAAAAN-TABULOUS, girlfriend! Awesome coloring, great paper, and I love all the brads. That little snowman up on the *wall* is a cool idea!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Gorgeous, so much gorgeousness!! The hardware is a marvelous touch-and what a genuis idea to cut out the embossing!! I tried the circles and it didn't work, but the squares-awesome!!!!!!
Have a wonderful day!! :)

Anonymous said...

Holy COW! (hey how come I can't increase the font size here?) I need font 72. I adore all the panels and the coordinated variety. The ornare tool work is just yummy but sooooo much work. Your fingers must have been numb by the time you finished. This card is exquisite.

Cindy Haffner said...

I love all the hardware girl, and love your layers, so so creative and gorgeous.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

OMG, I have to agree with denise, this is just FANTABULOUS!!!!!!
and that image-suoer adorable, tosh!!!!!!tfs:)
chat

Darlene said...

Fantastic Tosh!!! I just Love your style of design!!

StampOwl said...

purrrr -fect Tosh love everything about it

Linda Carson said...

Marvelous!!

Anonymous said...

What a darling image.. so sweet. And I think the hardware looks awesome!

Bonnie said...

So sweet! I love all of your layering! and piercings!

Anonymous said...

Totally cute card!!!

Rhonda Kelly said...

This is such an adorable and sweet little card! Fabulous job, thanks for sharing.

Carolyn King said...

Sigh....beautiful Tosh! Love what you can do with some ink, stamps and paper girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs