Sunday, November 9, 2008

Charlene made me do it!!

Yep, it's time for another CCEE challenge and Charlene (LilLuvsStampin - SCS) challenged us to use a restaurant coaster on our card. YIKES!! This was definitely a challenge. No buzzer for me!! Woot!! I used an authentic coaster from a Red Robin restaurant. It had a different text in the window, so I created my own message with my Inkadinkado upper case peg letters.

If you'd like to see what the other girls came up with, click HERE.

My son is a freshman in college 1,000 miles away, and I had never texted until he left. I find he's much more willing to *talk* via this method, so I've adjusted. I'm getting pretty good too...*grin* I think he's getting a bit home sick (although he'll never admit it) so I thought I'd send him a card letting him know I'm so proud of him. He just swam in his first college swim meet and took a second in both events (100 fly and 200 fly) He lost the 100 by only .02 of a second. And I missed it...*sniff* Hopefully I'll get to see him compete soon.

The card is pretty basic. This awesome dp is Granola (Basicgrey)!! It's perfect for a masculine feel. I framed it with Kraft (Prismatics) cardstock, and ink distressed all the edges with Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress Ink) To finish it off, I added the largest Black Pearls (Kaisercraft)...just as long as he doesn't realize he has pearls on his card....*grin* They just look like shiny brads don't they?

BLOG CANDY ALERT!!!

You so need to head on over to Michelle's Blog (Owner of Stamper's Dream) on Monday!!!
She's giving away the JustRite Christmas Ensemble set and the Circle III wooden stamper that goes with it!!! All you have to do is leave a comment by answering a question!! I'll have a post with this set for you to see on Wednesday. Michelle's Dream Team will be posting each day this week. You won't want to miss what they've done. They're all amazing!!

Monday - Denise and Michelle
Tuesday - Charmaine and Kim
Wednesday - Me and Amy
Thursday -Laurie was supposed to post this day, but because she spent this past week at the hospital with Ali, we're all pitching in and posting a project. Just click on the names listed above and below, and it will take you to that person's blog. Please remember the Schmidlin's in your prayers. Thank you!!
Friday - Carolyn and Cindy

That's it!
Hope you're having an awesome weekend, and thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed week, and Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

9 comments:

StampOwl said...

great job on this challenge Tosh and for learning how to text message too. If he isn't homesick we know his mom is for him LOL!

Denise Marzec said...

Dude! Same goes here with the texting with my oldest daughter! It really is the only way they'll *talk* sometimes, LOL! Love your coaster. Looks great. :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Texting you go girl. Love yur coaster, super job.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Cool! Cool! Cool! I've been waiting for this to show up in the CCEE gallery, but looks like you haven't had a chance to upload it yet, so I'll post my comment here! Congrats to your son---how much closer could it be??? And congrats on your cool coaster card, even if ya can't read! LOL!

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOW! All your cards are so amazing! They are beautiful and filled with such detail!!! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Jami said...

Awesome card Tosh!!! My teenage son is also a swimmer (breaststroke) and we've done our fair share of texting from meets and practices...so I really appreciate your story with this card!!
hugs, Jami

Cindy Lawrence said...

Too flippin' CUTE, Tosh! I hear you on the texting...it's a whole new world to us oldies; but what are ya gonna do?! :)

Rose Ann said...

Your coaster card is so cute, Tosh. I don't know that language, myself. Good for you for figuring it out!! ;) Congratulations to your son for doing so will in his swim meet!!

Anonymous said...

Tosh - this is a totally cute card!!! I bet your DS is loving it!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs