Wednesday, November 12, 2008

JustRite Stockings!!

It's JustRite week at Stamper's Dream this week!! All this week Michelle's Stamper's Dream Team is posting projects made with the JustRite products. And let me tell you, they've come up with some amazing stuff!!!

Now it's my turn, along with Amy. I'm so excited to share my JustRite projects with you today. I love their stamps, they are so versatile!!

I have two stockings to share with you that I displayed against this plate so you can see the dimension.

I saw some fabric stockings in a catalog with place settings inside and thought, hey, I could put coffee spoons or a candy bar in them for party favors, either with the name, or just with a sentiment medallion like the next one.

All I did was draw out the stocking shape on white cardstock for my template, traced it onto the back of this gorgeous My Mind's Eye Laundry line paper, and sewed around the edges. I ended up cutting off the top part of my template and tracing it on a separate dp and matting it to make it look as though the stocking is folded over on the top. I sewed around that piece also and glued it to the front of the stocking.

For the name tag I embossed the name with my JustRite Harmony Rectangular set and the Curlz Font, and cut it out with my rectangle nestabilities.

For the second stocking, I ended up cutting out a heel and toe template too and added those to give it a shabbier look. Both stockings are Ink Distressed. I used the Christmas Stamp Ensemble for this one, and again cut it out with my Nestabilities.

Finally, to give it a bit of bling, I took my Stampin' Up snowflakes, covered them with the stazon glue and poured Doodlebug Sugar over them. LOVE the sparkle and the coverage of that ultrafine glitter!!!

That's it for today's projects. I'll have a card for you tomorrow, and another project with a tutorial on Friday. So don't forget to stop by.
Don't forget to stop by Michelle's Blog (Owner of Stamper's Dream).
She's giving away the JustRite Christmas Ensemble set and the Circle III wooden stamper that goes with it!!! (It's what I used on the second stocking!!) All you have to do is leave a comment by answering a question!!

Monday - Denise and Michelle
Tuesday - Charmaine and Kim
Wednesday - Me and Amy
Thursday -Laurie was supposed to post this day, but because she spent this past week at the hospital with Ali, we're all pitching in and posting a project. Just click on the names listed above and below, and it will take you to that person's blog. Please remember the Schmidlin's in your prayers. Thank you!!
Friday - Carolyn and Cindy

Thanks so much for visiting!! I hope you're having a fabulous week!!
Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally awesome projects! I LOVE the stockings. You are one creative gal, and your work is always so inspiring! GREAT JOB, my friend! :-)

Carolyn King said...

AWESOME Tosh! I love those amazingly creative stockings you created. The perfect gift presentation!

Amy said...

I just made a stocking yesterday! And I bought a candy bar to slip into it! Your projects are amazing Tosh, fabulous job!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, girl...WOWWWWWW! Your projects blow me away every single time. Beautiful!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE these, Tosh. . .so adorable!

Mothermark said...

These are to die for! They are so cool. I love the shape of them and how smart you were to display them against the beautiful plate! The are so cute Tosh! You did a wonderful job!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very cute and clever Tosh, love them.

Kimberly Crawford said...

OH GOODNESS! Those are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! WOW!! I might need to do those for placecards for Christmas dinner!! Awesome and beautiful idea, Tosha!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute stockings! Love the colors and the snowflakes... TFS!

Joan Ervin said...

What adorable stockings, Tosh!!! The colors and patterns are fabulous and I love the fact that you can stuff them with chocolate....Yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your stockings are totally awesome, Tosh...and your talent amazes me (as always). Fabulous projects, girl!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh these are wonderful! I love your color combos and designs on both of them...especially the second one! What a great little gift to give with a treat inside! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous stocking!!! I love JR too and it's sooo fun to use!!! The font showing is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

these stocking projects are just beautiful!

KAT said...

This would be fantatic to put on people's plate for a holiday party!!! You could put chocolates in the womens and hmmmm what to put in the mens???? Beef Jerky?

Jami said...

These stockings rock!! And I love all your curly ribbons in them too!!
hugs, Jami

Judy Rozema said...

How adorable these are!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous stocking's!!! Great idea to use the JR Set with it - I might have to try that too!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs