Saturday, November 8, 2008

Memories at Christmas

My cousin's mom (my aunt) passed away this past summer, so Christmas is going to be especially hard for her and her family. I thought this sentiment, by Hero Arts' Treasure the moments set, was perfect for a Christmas card for her.

I stamped this Holly and Pinecone (Northwoods) image, onto 140 lb Fabriano Watercolor paper, with Black Onyx Versafine and embossed it with Detailed Black ep (Judikins).

I then watercolored it with Adirondack Dye Reinkers (listed below). After that, I ink distressed the edges with Vintage Photo, stamped the sentiment underneath with Tuxedo Black (Memento), and assembled. The middle panel is popped up slightly with thin dimensional tape. If you click on the photo, you'll be able to see that I added Cinnamon Stickles to the pinecones, and Xmas Red Stickles to the berries. Be sure to check out Michelle's Stamper's Dream Store. Michelle is carrying some new Stickles that match the Ranger Distress Ink line...Fantastic!!! You know how I love the Ranger Inks!!

That's it...a very simple card.

A fellow stamper asked if it's possible to use any ink to distress the paper's edges. I like Ranger Distress Inks because they blend and work like a stain. But I've used Stampin' Up and Adirondack Dye inks too. I've also used pigmented inks (mostly white), and they're nice too as long as you let them dry, or heat set them. Experiment and find which you like best.

Hope you're having an awesome weekend!!
Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Pinecones and Holly (Northwoods), Sentiment (Treasure the Moments - Hero Arts)
Paper - Birchtone Dark, Vanilla Cream (Prismatics), 140 lb Hot Pressed Fabriano Watercolor Paper
Ink - Black Onyx (Versafine), Tuxedo Black (Memento), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink) Adirondacks - Butterscotch, Caramel, Sandal, Willow, Espresso, Oregano, Red Pepper, Juniper, Bottle, Cranberry, Lemonade

16 comments:

mimiburroughs said...

Awesome card!!! Your coloring (& everything) is wonderful!!! Great job!

Shannan Teubner said...

Girl this is stunning!!

Unknown said...

What can I say? It's absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE that stamp, and you have made it come to life here. GREAT JOB, my friend!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Tosh I always love your work.

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful sentiment you've selected for your cousin's Christmas card! Your card is just beautiful. I love the warm glow you accomplished. Thomas Kincade move over!

StampOwl said...

stunning Tosh ... stunning!!

Denise Marzec said...

Your coloring is breathtaking! You're TOTALLY flippin' awesome, girl.

..and what a beautiful sentiment.

Jami said...

Breathtaking! The shading on the cones and pine needles is amazing!!
hugs, Jami

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oh, Tosh, this is AMAZING!!! Your cousin is gonna LOVE it! You are one ROCKIN' stamper, girl!

Michelle Woerner said...

Just beautiful Tosh! I love the richness of the pinecones. LOVE it!!

Marie Cramp said...

Wow Tosh, I have been so busy I have been neglecting my blogging and have missed so many of your amazing creations. These last few cards are sensational! You are truly an inspiration.

Marie

Darlene said...

This is GORGEOUS Tosh and I'm sure it will bring comfort to the family!

Carolyn King said...

AMAZING girl.! but we already KNEW that about you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to here about your aunt!!!
Your family is gonna love this gorgeous card!!!

dpkennedy said...

This is just beautiful! I love the deep warm colors...and the wonderful sentiment!

Rose Ann said...

This is stunning, Tosh!! Your fantastic coloring really brings this to life!! Soooo beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs