Tuesday, November 4, 2008

An Old Country Christmas...

I love antiques!! And this Wreath, Sled and Birds scene by Northwoods reminded me of an old barn in the midwest with this charming sled leaning against it. I couldn't wait to make a card with it!!

The image was stamped with Tuxedo Black (memento) onto Neenah Natural white, and colored with copics. I added a touch of Crystal Glitter to the snow and holly leaves with my Quickie Glue pen, and topped off the card with a Detail Black embossed Script Merry Christmas (Northwoods).

The gorgeous plaid ribbon is May Arts and can be found HERE.

ETA: I feel like I deceived y'all!! There was a comment that the sled and birds looked popped up, but since I didn't mention it, it was thought that my shading was awesome. I'm so sorry. I use dimension so often, that sometimes I forget to mention it. The sled and birds are one layer, and then I actually layered the bottom half of the snow too. I had a hard time getting a good picture of it with the glitter, so I didn't add that photo. So sorry for the deception everyone. It wasn't intentional.


Supplies:
Stamps - Northwoods
Paper - Black, Vanilla Cream, White (Prismatics) Neenah Solar White
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress ink)
Accessories, Detail Black ep (Judikins), Glitter, ribbon, copics, Rhinestone Stickers (icons - Me and My Big Ideas), dimensional tape

11 comments:

StampOwl said...

beautiful card Tosh

Anonymous said...

Quick! Hand me a quilt so I can sink myself into it with a warm cup of cocoa topped with real whipping cream and perhaps just a drop of Kahlua so I may sit by the fireplace and gaze into your card.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

This is STUNNING, Tosh! So, so pretty!!!

Darlene said...

WOW ... now this is my type of image!! Your coloring is exquisite and the layout perfect!! GREAT card Tosh! So warm and cozy!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is a beauty!! Wow Tosh your coloring and shading is fabulous. LOVE this!

Unknown said...

Girl, you totally nailed this image! Your coloring is just total perfection, and your design is over the top. You never cease to amaze me with your awesome talent. :-)

Jami said...

OMG Tosh, this is breathtaking. The shading is so amazing I actually thought the sled and birds were cut out and popped up at first!! Awesome!
hugs, Jami

Deborah Saaranen said...

Oh my, this is just gorgeous! I have been on the fence about this set-- but now am gonna have to purchase it!
Your coloring and scene are just amazing!

Rose Ann said...

I love this winter scene!! Your coloring and dimension looks fabulous!!

dpkennedy said...

Fantastic coloring on this incredible image. This card is gorgeous!!!

Shirley said...

Nostalgic and so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs