Wednesday, November 5, 2008

SCS Sketch...Ornament


I love Wednesday's, because I love participating in Rox's sketch challenge on SCS. You can see the sketch HERE. I stamped this Tree Ball image (Artful Stamper) three times onto the backside of Vanilla Cream Prismatics with Tuxedo Black (Memento), and colored them with copics. I Ink distressed the top image with Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink) and framed it with Crabapple Dark. I then cut on the inside of the circle with an exacto knife.

After that, I cut out the trees, snowline and holly from one of the other colored images and popped them up on the main bg image for dimension. Finally, I added an acetate window to the back of the cut out piece, and the popped holly and trim. The snow piece is colored with my inkssentials opaque white pen, and all the snowflakes and holly are glittered up. I added some crystal laquer to the little baubles on the top and bottom of the ornament, and a few dew drops along the sides of the main panel.

Oh, I almost forgot, the beautiful Merry Christmas Script was stamped with Black Onyx Versafine and embossed with Detail Black ep (Judikins)...awesome stuff I tell you!! And the ribbon is Olive Twill (May Arts)

Ali update...Ali made it through some really tough tests with flying colors. They were excited to see that there is no new bleeding, but there is still swelling on her brain so they can't do a biopsy yet. Keep her and her family in your prayers as the decide the next plan of action with their awesome team of doctors. I keep this thread on SCS - HERE - updated daily.

Thank you so very much for stopping in!! I hope your week is off to a great start.
Tosh


Supplies:
Stamps - Tree Ball (Artful Stamper), Merry Christmas (Northwoods)
Paper - Winter Wonderland (Kaisercraft), Vanilla Cream, Crabapple Dark (Prismatics)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Black Onyx (Versafine), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Copics, exacto knife, dew drops, glitter, crystal lacquer, dimensional tape

21 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME, Tosh! Absolutely awesome! I love the window, the dimension, the glitter, those gorgeous colors! Okay...I love it ALL! Simply stunning, my friend!

Anonymous said...

I love your card right down to the most minute exquisite detail. I adore your precision and it goes without saying your coloring. Thank you for the update on "our" precious Ali. I've been sending her and Laurie cards to the updated address you provided. Many thanks.

Paula Barin said...

Love it... very rich looking. All your cards are simply stunning.

Lisa H. said...

wow! this is sooo beautiful. I love all the extra details you added, it is just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely stunning!!!

StampOwl said...

stunning Tosh ... love everything about this one

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautiful--I love it!

hugz,
Suzanne

Linda Carson said...

You should send this in for publication! It's GORGEOUS!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Another amazing design!!! Keep them coming!!LOL!!!

Love all of the detail here...

Thanks for keeping us updated on Ali's condition...they are in our prayers.

Jami said...

Amazing!! Such wonderful details and dimension. I just love the colors!!

Thanks for the update on Ali!

hugs, jami

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful! They layer of depth is amazing!!!!!!!

Darlene said...

Holy Moly ... this looks like a lot of work but it was well worth it because it's amazing!! I might have to give it a try myself (when I find more time in my day, LOL). Awesome card Tosh and btw, my card to Ali went postal today! I sure am praying hard for that young lady ... what an ordeal to go through at such a tender age. Thanks for keeping us updated over on SCS!! You're an angel for doing that!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous card! I love it!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE what you did with the sketch and how you made it a window. Awesome idea!!

Anonymous said...

Your work never ceases to amaze me; what an inspiration you are to those who read your blog as often as I do!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful work, love the little trees inside, and the pretty holly top to the ornament!

Rose Ann said...

Your sketch card is soooo very beautiful!! I love how your ornament is a window, and a darling winter scene!! Wonderful!!

Unknown said...

What an awesome card . Just beautiful the way the ornament just pops.

dpkennedy said...

WOW! This is simply stunning! You are so talented Tosh...this creating is amazing!

Shirley said...

A really awesome card! I love your layers and how you recessed the ornament and added the embellishments to it! Beautiful!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Tosh, I am drooling all over my keyboard...this is FANTABULOUS!!!!! Your attention to detail is amazing...the acetate window is the icing on the cake, for sure!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs