Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Western Winter

Howdy!! It's time for another CCEE challenge that I do each Monday with a small group of friends. Cindy Haffner came up with our challenges for this month. Today we were to make a blue card with brads. (She was very easy on us since this is such a busy month. Thanks Cindy...you're a dear)

I made this card for a special young man who just turned 10 on Friday (okay...so I'm a bit late...but what boy doesn't like a birthday drawn out? *grin*)

Anyway, this is quite the mish-mash of stamps and inks. The bg was created by leaving the Kraft cardstock in the Labels I diecut and sponging the inside with Craft White (SU) and Petal Point blues. I then stamped the trees (Lovely as a Tree - SU) with Tuxedo Black (Memento), the left Wanted (SU) horse with Sepia (Versafine), and the right one again with Tuxedo Black after masking the first one. Now I realize the horses shouldn't be lined up the way they are. It's not aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The brown one was supposed to be higher, but I rushed it and didn't use my positioner. Arghh!! Since this was my 4th attempt at a bg, I'm just leaving it as is. I know...the horror. After stamping all the images, I heat set the pigment inks with my heat tool, and added some snow with my Inkssentials White Opaque Pen.

The blue bg panel was dry embossed with the Forest Panel (Cuttlebug). I then blanket stitched along the edges with my sewing machine.

I created the sentiment with my JustRite Harmony Rectangular Stamper set, and the 25 pt Brayton Font letters and symbols.

The circle star is from the charming Papertrey set called Background Basics Stars.

To see what the other girls have come up with this month, click HERE.
And if you'd like to play along, we'd love to see what you come up with. Just follow the instructions on the CCEE Stampers blog.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you had a blessed weekend!!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Wanted, Lovely as a Tree (SU), Sentiment (JustRite), Background Basics Stars (Papertrey)
Paper - MME, Suede Brown Dark, Kraft (Prismatics)
Ink - Craft White (SU), Petal Point pigments, Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress), Tuxedo Black (Memento), Sepia (Versafine)
Accessories - brads, twine, sewing machine, cuttlebug, nestabilities, sponge, dimensional tape, white opaque pen (Inkssentials)

18 comments:

StampOwl said...

beautiful Tosh ... so how did you and Cindi manage to use the same stamp set hehe!

Cindy Haffner said...

Hi Tosh, kinda scary that you and Cindy are thinking alike. I love your card, it rocks.

Anonymous said...

Good Monday morning, Tosh! This is a perfect card for a young man who enjoys animals, especially riding horses. My son-in-law shoes horses for a living, so this card is a sweet reminder of my family who live in the Texas Panhandle.

Unknown said...

Oh Tosh...I LOVE this card! So very creative to put all those stamps together so beautifully!!! Fabulous work, my friend!

Rose Ann said...

What a beautiful snowy scene you've created here, Tosh!! I'm sure that special young man will appreciate this beauty!!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful, Tosh!! Love all the white accents on the horses and trees. I love all your stuff. :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE this Tosh! What great colors and so earthy!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Again, just magnificent! I could stare at your cards all day! They are so beautiful and full of amazing detail!!
You really push me to add more things to my cards-thanks!!

And thanks for your sweet words in my blog today--I could just hug you!!!

Maria Matter said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! I love how you mixed and matched to make the perfect card! So much inspiration here! Thanks so much for sharing!
Blessings, Maria

Judy Rozema said...

I think this looks awesome!~ And the horses are fine!

But horror!!! "Someone" copied your stamp set?!!!! ;)

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a handsome card for a young birthday man!

Laurie in MN said...

Love all the cards recently posted.

Julia Aston said...

What a super masculine card Tosh! love the cuttled bg and great colors. The side stitching looks wonderful!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love the snow and the sparkle!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Gorgeous, girl! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fabulous card for a guy of any age! Gorgeous, Tosh!

Joan Ervin said...

Super AWESOME guy birthday card, Tosh!!!I love the stamps you used and the colors are just perfect!!!

Jami said...

So gorgeous - love the horses in the snow with the snowy trees...beautiful!
hugs, Jami

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs