Friday, November 28, 2008

A Whiff of Joy after Thanksgiving


I hope all my American friends had a Happy Thanksgiving yesterday. I know I did!! I'd have to say it was one of the best ever. My son was home from college and it was such a fun relaxing day.

Well, my husband has been building a new shop, and he and my son decided it needed a basketball hoop inside. So there was a quick trip to Walmart and then the assembly. That gave me some time to make a card while father and son had some bonding time...no complaints from me...*grin*

The minute I saw this sweet Whiff of Joy Snowman called Herb with Teacup, I was in love!! I adore snowmen, and I loved the sweet swirls and his charming outfit!! Of course I had to have him. I stamped him onto Champagne Metallic (Prism) with Tuxedo Black (Memento) and colored him with my copics. I originally had planned to have the sentiment medallion on the outside, but my daughter told me it was too much. So, since I've long admired Denise's (The Paper Landscaper) style of decorating the inside of her cards too, I thought now was the time to give that a try. The sentiment is from the set: Winter Love

The circle and rectangle were cut with my Nestabilities diecuts, and I added a Stampin' Up snowflake, ribbon, dew drops, and stickles. The bottom border was punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.


Supplies:
Stamps - Whiff of Joy
Paper - Festive Frost (My Mind's Eye) Mystic Medium and Suede Brown Dark, Champagne Metallic (Prism)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Walnut Stain (Ranger)
Accessories - Ribbon, Snowflake (SU), Dew Drops, Martha Stewart Punch, Corner Tag Punch, Double Circle punch (SU), Frosted Lace, Gunmetal, Christmas Red (Stickles), Copics, Nestabilities, dimensional tape

17 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

That is THE coolest layout, cutest snowman stamp, and awesome colors.

Beautiful on the inside too, girlie. Thanks so much for the mention. Awww!

Rose Ann said...

Your snowman is way too cute, Tosh!! I love how you've colored him!! What a great layout, and I love the different strips of patterned paper, edging, and snowflake with bling!! I love how you've decorated the inside as well!!

StampOwl said...

awww I was wondering if you had those Whiff of Joy Snowmen ... hehe! Love your card!

Anonymous said...

Well isn't she the sweetest little snow woman? Just precious with the pale antiquing you've so gently added. I adore your card.

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable, Tosh! I love every tiny detail. And the inside is just a pretty as the outside. :-)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely precious!

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a cutie! Love the layers and beautiful layout!

Judy Rozema said...

I LOVE the weathered look of this and all those papers in the BG!! Gorgeous job!

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet vintagey snowman and super colors on this Tosh! I love that lacy border punch too!! just beautiful!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

LOVE THIS! I adore snowmen too and this one is a cutie. Wonderful vintage look, great mix of papers, super design and awesome coloring!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I so Love that snoman too, and your coloring of him is Awesome, love the papers and cool layout too, Awesome card all around!

Kimberly Crawford said...

I am completely and totally speechless!!!!!!! Wow! Tosha, that is beyond gorgeous, no words could do it justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jami said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love that little snowman, and your layout and colors are amazing!! Love the inside!!
hugs, Jami

Joan Ervin said...

Awwww, Tosh, this is soooo adorable!!! The sweet little snowgirl is colored beautifully and I just love all the colors, papers, layout....everything is AWESOME!!! Love how you did the inside, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Too precious! LOVE this vintage-y snowgirl and I am really not feeling all that good about s-n-o-w right now, as I am looking at scraping my vehicle and driving home in the stuff. THANK YOU for getting me to distress with walnut stain. I had always avoided it because I thought it was too dark, but not anymore. Turn me loose with my dauber!

dpkennedy said...

I love your combination of dp and elements! Your cards are so elegant! This is just beautiful!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Ackkkk....this is SOOOO AWESOME! You have such a way with color and shading! Your cards are so warm and cozy...I just wanna snuggle up with them! Fabulous, girlie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs