Thursday, November 6, 2008

Wishing Comfort

I made this card for two reasons today. First, I needed a card for a fellow SCSer who recently lost a loved one. Second, I wanted to do the Ways To Use It Challenge which was to use punches or scissors to trim corners. I used my SU Corner Ticket punch.

I stamped this MFT Peppermint image onto Neenah Natural White with Tuxedo Black (Memento), and colored it with my copics.

The gorgeous dp is Provence (Memory Box), and the sentiment is Wonderful Wishes by Verve. I think the ribbon is by American Craft, but I'm not sure.

The ovals were cut and embossed with my nestabilities, and I added some dew drops for just a touch of bling. Oh, and as usual (sorry, I can't help myself), I had to ink distress. I used Frayed Burlap and Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink. And finally, I matted my panels with Mystic Dark and Spring Willow Dark Prismatics.

Thanks so much for stopping by. It's Friday tomorrow!! Woo-Hoo!!!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh

22 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous! I love all your corner treatment, even on that back horizontal panel. Great dimension, and I LOVE those Annie LaPoint stamps.

StampOwl said...

wonderful card Tosh ...btw you might wanna know cause of you I had to order that corner punch hehe

Anonymous said...

OMW! What a lovely card! I adore all the layers - do I count ten layers? and your colors and distressing is marvelous.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Tosh! And that sentiment looks PERFECT on the flower pot! I have no doubt that your friend will love this as much as I do.

Shannan Teubner said...

WOWEEEE, Tosh, this is STUNNING!!!

Jennifer said...

Stunning card! I love the colors and the stamp you used.

Jami said...

What a beautiful sympathy card - so calm and serene and beautiful!!
hugs, Jami

Sue said...

This is a beautiful card, Tosh. The layers, the colors, the distressing, everything about it is just perfect.

Anonymous said...

Well, I just want to reaffirm all of the above comments. I am new to stamping and wonder if I must have distress inks, or can I use my regular stamp pads to achieve this look? Thanks! Barbara

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!! Love the colors and the sentimentand the layers and the cut off corners and those dew drops. Happy Weekend!

Rose Ann said...

This is so stunning Tosh, and I'm sure it will bring much comfort!! I love each and every layer, your distressing, coloring, Dew Drops...everything!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Tosh, this is gorgeous. Love the combination of colors and patterns. Awesome image and your coloring is perfection!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Never apologize for your beautiful distressing-- it's one of my favorite parts of your design!!!

Carolyn King said...

Gorgeous Tosh--what magnificent works of art you always create---every detail is amazing!

Joanne said...

WOw! It's just gorgeous!

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful, gorgeous, elegant, perfect!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

I love those corners Tosh, your card is so pretty.

Shirley said...

Beautiful art and so many wonderful techniques used to create it~

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Tosh...the image is beautiful and I love how you added the sentiment over the pot...looks fabulous!!! The distressing, layers, corners, colors...I just love everything!!!

Sally said...

Just discovered your work - love your cards they are so stunning!! Like you I love to use distress inks and grunge things down - amazing how it works so many differnt ways!

Again beautiful work!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the layers and the colors.

Anonymous said...

WOW - this is gorgeous!!! The image the colors and everything is just perfect!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs