Monday, January 18, 2010

Monkey Love


Many of you know I have no great love for monkeys, and because of that I have received many monkey cards and photos from "thoughtful stampers". Boy, there are times when I really feel the love. Julee (Verve) has really enjoyed razzing me about this latest release too. She just had to design a monkey set called Love Monkey....okay....here's where I need ya'll to keep a secret. I really do think this little guy is just the cutest!! I mean, shoot, he's so chubby with a crooked little grin. Who wouldn't love this guy? Even a monkey challenged stamper such as I can't resist him. This was actually the first card I made with the newest released images. Really! And I paired him up with the Be Mine Plain Jane because I thought it would be cute to have him sitting on the arrow. Now the sentiment is actually on top of the arrow, so I colored the arrow only, with a black SU! marker, stamped it, then colored the sentiment and layered it beneath. Since the images are clear, it was easy as pie. Finally, I added a sweet little heart from the Thankful Accents set released last month.

Hope you had a nice weekend. I'm getting ready to head to CHA on Saturday!! Woot! Can't wait!
Happy Stamping ya'll!!




Stamps:
Love Monkey, Plain Jane - Be Mine, Thankful Accents
Paper: Neenah, Kraft and Suede Brown Dark Prismatics
Ink: Jumbo Java, Red Brick, Midnight Black (VersaMagic), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Rectangle Nestabilities, Embossing Folders (Cuttlebug), Glitter, Candy Dots (Pebbles, Inc.), Buttons (Rusty Pickle), Burlap String (May Arts), Border Punch (EK Success and SU!), Sewing Machine, Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

15 comments:

StampOwl said...

what do I see here ... is that a monkey ... Tosh had to make another Monkey card .... bwahahahahaha too funny!!!!!! but I love your card ... see Monkeys are too bad after all right ;)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh he is CUTE!! You did a fantastic job with this card. The layout is amazing!
Hope we can meet up at CHA!

Carolyn King said...

nevermind about how precious and adorable this card is..................it is a monkey. There is a MONKEY on your card. Wowza.....wonders never cease!!! Maybe there IS hope for you after all! Snort!!!!!

Cannot wait to see you on Sat! hugs!

Gabriela said...

GASP! a monkey? on a card? at Tosha's blog? Uh - pardon me ma'am, but I think I got the wrong blog. I'll just be moving right along in search of Tosha's blog cuz this sure ain't it, not with a monkey on it. Please forgive the inconvenience of barging in on you like this. Now where oh where can Tosha's blog be?

Melissa Sauls said...

This is soooo adorable!! I love how you put him on the arrow...too cute!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - totally cut - Tosh!!! What a sweet Valentine card!!! Hugs ~S~

Diane Jaquay said...

How sweet is this Tosh?!!! So many interesting details to look at on this card, LOVE it!

Conniecrafter said...

he is too cute, you don't see to many chubby monkey's, love the background texture!

Mothermark said...

For someone who hates monkeys, you sure hang out with them all the time! I think you are telling a story about not liking monkeys! That is my theory about you and your monkeys.

By the way, the card is precious!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how cute Tosh!! I just love your little monkey, your colors and your creative design!! You never cease to amaze me with your layouts and creativity! You are such an inspiration!
hugs,
Chris

Cindy Lee said...

This is so ADORABLE!!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, that cannot be a monkey on your card. You know what you told me about those monkeys. LOL

Your card is just adorable and so is the monkey.

Rose Ann said...

I'm so glad you have a monkey to love now, Tosh! You've sure made him the cutest here...and I love your colors and texture!! So adorable!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is so adorable, Tosh! You've never know you don't like monkeys! LOL

dpkennedy said...

I feel your lack of love for monkeys, but you're right, this guy is adorable! I love your card design and clever placement on the arrow! So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs