Friday, April 2, 2010

Four Seasons during Impression Obsession week at Stamper's Dream

It's the final day of Impression Obsession week with Stamper's Dream, and today I have this fabulously versatile Tree and Swing to share with you. The Crepe Myrtle trees are in a blooming frenzy right now with soft purples and pinks, along with some fushia. So I decided to make my tree a Crepe Myrtle. Now, traditionally, they're not a sturdy enough tree to hang a tire swing on, so I'm taking creative liberty and saying my Crepe Myrtle was grafted with a solid Oak. Thus it can handle a tire swing...*grin*

This image is wonderful for using Versamagic Dew Drop Inks with. I started off by inking up my tree with Gingerbread, then a bit of Memento Tuxedo Black, and then a layer of Jumbo Java to soften up the black. The grass was inked up with Key Lime and Hint of Pesto. After stamping the tree, I added the leaves. For this first image, I used only Pixie Dust. I'll show you how I inked up the tree for the other seasons after explaining the sentiment.

I used JustRite's 50pt Brayton Font and the Harmony Rectangular Stamper inked up with Smokey Gray Versafine. The papers are Memory Box, and I did a bit of piercing on the sides. I added some sparkle to the bg with a fabulous new toy that was introduced at CHA this year. It's made by Tsukineko and it's called Shimmer Spritz. I used the Sparkle. It's very subtle and shimmery. I tried to pick up the shimmer with my camera, but this is the best I could do:


Here's the tree in Summer: Versamagic inks ~ Key Lime and Hint of Pesto


Here's the tree in Fall: Versamagic Inks ~ Thatched Straw, Pumpkin Spice and Red Brick


Here's the tree in Winter: I used liquid applique on the branches
That's it for me today. Here's a list of this weeks Impression Obsession features:

Mon. - Leslie (our newest dream team member!!! WOOT!), Laurie, Becca
Tues. - Cindy, Amy, Denise, Dawn, Michelle
Wed. - Silke, Cam, Amy, Michelle, Me
Thurs. - Cindy, Leslie, Denise, Dawn, Michelle
Fri. - Laurie, Silke, Michelle Me

13 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

BRILLIANT girl! I NEED that tree now that you have done this! ha! Love it! Fantastic job with the colours on all of them! I especially love the snow on the tire swing! Reminds me of my childhood!!!

Unknown said...

This is just fabulous, Tosh! You have done an awesome job of showing how versatile the tree and leaves set is with the four seasons. And I love ALL FOUR! Fantabulous job, my friend!!!

Margaret said...

Love these trees...thank you for showing all four seasons! And the tire swing is adorable...I a going to have to purchase these stamps!

Amy Sheffer said...

Amazing, Tosh! Love seeing the tree through the seasons! How beautiful!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!! love how you paired the image with jr stamps. And i love the seasonal trees....too cool!

Holly said...

I love this image, and I love the four seasons idea with this!

Gabriela said...

Wow Tosh - you've really captured the versatility of this set. I adore your interpretation of each of the four seasons, particularly that little pile of fallen Autmn leaves. Fabulous work. Fabulous vignette.

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love all your different seasons, I see a framed piece you could do :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

four seasons of natural beauty from the queen of warmth and beauty

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Totally fabulous! Love the detailing and seasonal transformations! Beautifully done, Tosh! Lovely cards!

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS IDEA!!! I love the different seasons Tosh!!! You totally rocked this IO image!!!

Happy Easter!!! Hugs ~S~

Julia Aston said...

Great job on your 4 seasons of trees Tosh! love the snow and fallen leaves especially!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Brilliant, and I love the pink! This set is one of my faves from the latest release.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs