Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving and a One Layer card

Hello my friends!! I'd like to start by wishing all my American stamping friends, a very
Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'd also like to take this time to share how blessed I feel for being a part of such a wonderful stamping community. Since I got involved with Splitcoast Stampers, and blog landabout 4 1/2 years ago, I've met (in person and some just by sharing comments), some of the most warm, kind, and generous of heart, and I am so grateful. So, thank you my friends, for your kindness, your supportive comments, and for sharing your wonderful stamping gifts, so I am able to grow as a person and a designer. God Bless all of you!!

Now, for my card...

I made today's card for the CCEE Stamper's Challenge this week, which is to make your card One Layer. I started by diecutting a Spellbinders Wonky Rectangle out of copy paper, and laying the negative part over my card as a mask. I then inked up the inside with Ranger distress inks in the following order: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, and Black Soot. I then took one of the Music images from the Waltzingmouse set Musical Background, and stamped it with Onyx Black Versafine until I covered the entire Wonky Rectangle opening.

I then stamped the Cross from the set Celtic Heritage, and the "Joy" sentiment from the set Say it Loud ~ Winter Holiday. After that, I heat set all the ink with a heat tool, and rubbed an embossing (anti-static) pad over it all, and stamped the corner flourish, from the set, Faux Fun Circles, and snowflakes from the sets Join us and Seasons of Love, with Versamark, and embossed them with White ep.

Lastly I added some score lines, some Stampin' Up! ribbon, a Rhinestone, and a punched border.

That's it.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!
Happy Stamping!!

post signature

13 comments:

StampOwl said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend ... you do one layer cards so well!

Gabriela said...

What an ingenious card Tosh! I just love the sheet music with the Celtic cross. I wish you and yours a warm and homespun Thanksgiving!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my word, Tosh! This is so incredibly gorgeous!!! Love the stunning stamp layering and the ribbon and scored lines are the perfect accent. Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving... I'm so thankful to call you friend! :)

Marisa said...

What a fabulous card! Love the musical score in the BG and the added images on top as well as the fun snowflake flourishes. Wishing you and your family a fabulous Thanksgiving (((hugs))).

Melissa said...

Such a beautiful card my sweet friend! I too am thankful for getting to me such awesome artists like you. Now, don't be all shocked when you see a big ol' copy of this card on my blog, cuz I already see it coming! Happy Thanksgiving!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Tosh this is GORGEOUS!!~

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous layer card, love the stamping!

Rose Ann said...

This is such a GORGEOUS one layer card, Tosh!! I love the images, colors, and your perfect ribbon treatment!!

I hope your Thanksgiving was the best!! ♥

Joanne (jojot) said...

one layer of rich, warm loveliness, my friend....wow

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

If you can't layer the paper, you may as well layer the stamps:) No matter what you layer, Tosh, it is magical and wonderful and WOW!! I love the beautiful collage effect and the great technique you used to create it. AND, you shared it with us, which is what holds this community of ladies with rubber and ink together. We share and are thankful for each other in more ways than just rubber!!:) So thankful that I got to experience you IRL. A true highlight in my year. Hugs~Michele

Myoriah said...

Just found your blog today. Love the way you layered the stamps for this card. I will have to keep that in mind for making cards to mail.

So thankful I found your blog will be adding it to my reader.

Kelly S. said...

You are fibbing, Tosh...because there is no way that is a one-layer card, hee! It's SPECTACULAR! Awesome layering of stamped images, WOW!

nise said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen in a LONG time. You have a wonderful eye for pulling from here and there and making AMAZING! Totally love the idea of the inky one layer, too. Thanks so much for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs