Friday, November 4, 2011

Waltzingmouse November Soap ~ Day 4:

It's the final day of Waltizingmouse's Stamp of Approval Parade, and I'm sharing a CAS card that I made with a "candy cane" styled circle from the Faux Fun Circle set, and the holly and Christmas sentiment from the Very Vintage Christmas Stamp Set. I just colored the holly with Copics, popped up the berries and added a sprinkle of glitter to them. The wreath was stamped with Red Magic VersaMagic, and the borders were made by just cutting the top panel 1/4" smaller, along the side, and punching both sides, starting with the middle. I also scored a line along each punch to finish off the edges.

That's it for me this week.
We hope that you have enjoyed, and have been inspired, the past few days from our Stamp of Approval Parade; highlighting Claire's lovely Christmas and holiday sets. Now it’s time for you to get your craftiness on as we invite you to participate in a CASE (Copy and Share Everything) competition.

Find a card or project from any of the projects posted over the past few days by the WMS Design Team, CASE that project using Waltzingmouse Stamp images, and link it using the Inlinkz on Claire’s blog. At the end of the competition, one project will be randomly selected to be highlighted with a Parade of its own on several of the Design Team blogs.

We hope you will enjoy this competition and that it will inspire you be creative. You have one week to complete and link your project as the competition will close at 8:00 AM Claire’s time on August 10th, which is 3 AM Eastern, 2 AM Central and Midnight, Pacific time. The winner will be announced on Claire’s blog on November 11th.

In case you've missed some along the way, here's the list of the DT members participating today.

Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Kate Whelan
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

Thanks a bunch for stopping by today. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!! I'm going to be playing catch-up after being gone so much lately.

Happy Stamping my friends!!

post signature

____________________________________________________________

Stamps: Faux Fun Circle and Very Vintage Christmas Stamp Set (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: White (PTI)
Ink: Red Magic (VersaMagic), Onyx Black (Versafine) and Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Copics, Border Punch (EK Success), Glitter (Glitter Ritz)

17 comments:

Susan said...

For a CAS card, this sure packs a lot of punch. Love it!

Clare said...

Fab CAS card!! brilliant!

Ellen Jarvis said...

Brilliantly clean and simple design, with a refreshing white background. I'll need to get that faux fun circles stamp, for sure!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Sandie said...

You totally aced CAS here. Love the pop of colour the red gives. Delicious border work too. xx

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful CAS design Tosh! The wreath looks so prety with the layered holly - and your punched edges add a lovely depth to your card!

Luanne said...

What a great, sharp card. Love those side borders, really highlights the sweet wreath. TFS!

snowbear said...

Such a sweet card... love the details!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Beautiful card! I love the punched borders.

Sharron said...

Though I never made it around to leave comments on everyone's blog, I really enjoyed your week of inspiration. LOVE this stunning CAS creation! The wreath stamp is fabulous and the punched borders look wonderful!

Joanne (jojot) said...

simply sweet

Kelly S. said...

So sweet, Tosh! I love the idea of using that circle for a WREATH, awesome! The embossed swirls are so pretty down each side!

Karen H. said...

Ack, I just realized that I CASEd your card without leaving you love first. Sorry!

I do love this card (well, since I cased it that should be obvious, lol). I always strive for CAS in my stamping and this card does is so very well. I love the bold colors and the creative use of the circle image.

anya said...

Tosh, this is simple and stunning. A fantastic CAS holiday card!

Cassandra said...

Just so stunningly simple and elegant. Love the wreath.

Deborah Frings said...

Elegant simplicity - it's absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I love your "fluffy" cards chocked full of goodies but this is beautiful Tosh! A detour but a very lovely one.
As for the CASE'ing part, that makes me happy because I love the talent on the DT and can't wait to participate.

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Okay, Tosh!! I finally figured out how to add to my bookmarks,(different computer and search engine!) and made the wise choice to put you in there because your blog is so filled with inspiration in just my style!! I love how you create and I love what you create. Such a talent. I have been browsing and am smiling big with delight. Your pretzel bags are just the BEST--LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!! This CAS wreath is a simple cutie. I love the holly leaves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs