Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Congrats on your new home...


Hello my creative friends!!  I have a card to share with you that is dear to my heart.  My son is moving this weekend to a new home which he will share with his bride when he gets married this Fall.  We are so proud and excited for him.  We adore his fiance.  However, being from California, you can imagine our literal SHOCK that he would choose to move to "cold country".  That's just a little bit crazy in my book.  (sorry to all my Midwest friends...I love ya...just couldn't live there again.)  So, I decided, since I'm so far away, I thought I would put together a housewarming care package and include one of my "made from the heart" cards.

I was inspired by Monday's TLC484 challenge over on Splitcoaststampers.com.  We were to fill up our backgrounds using border punches or diecuts.  So, I took an EK Success border punch and created the lattice/basket weave type background and added some tags that were die cut using WMS's Stitched Tag Cutting Edge die.  The sentiments are from WMS's Gift Card It stamp set, and the little house is from the Alpine Christmas set.  I stamped it, along with the sentiments with Versamark, and embossed them with white to represent the cold and snow.   I figured I would let him know that we still love him, even though he's moving to the tundra.

That's it for today's card.  I hope I've inspired you to get crafty today!
Have a fun and fabulous week!!
And...
     Happy Stamping!!
__________________________________________________________________

Stamps:  Gift Card It, Alpine Christmas (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper:  Wood paper (MME), Kraft and Smokey Shadow (PTI), Red Bazzill)
Ink:  Versamark, Pumice Stone (Ranger Distress) 
Accessories:  Stitched Tags die (WMS), Classic Heart die (Spellbinders), Border Punch (EK Success), White Embossing Powder (Ranger), Twine (October Afternoon), Clothespins (The Funkie Junkie), Mini-Stapler (Tim Holtz), Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

3 comments:

Anne said...

Simply adorable! And we love your son too!
--

Anonymous said...

Love the card - so creative!! Thanks so much for sharing!! Joleen

ChristineCreations said...

Totally sweet and heartfelt Tosh :) Love the inset hearts and the warmth in it. And you would TO go back to the midwest ....occasionally to see the snow right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs