Friday, June 20, 2014

Play Ball with Power Poppy




It's time for another opportunity to be our next Power Poppy Peep of the Week.  For details on how you can participate, click HERE.

A few of the Bloom Brigade have some inspiration to share today using whatever stamp set inspired them that week.  I chose to use the Play Ball set because I hadn't had an opportunity to color that beautiful baseball collage yet.  What a beautifully designed image.  Marcy makes it super easy to color with her perfectly placed shadows and highlights.  I used a TON of Copics to color the image, and Popped up each layer with dimensional tape.  I have 3 layers with just the image.  Super fun!



I also created my own wood grained background.  I took 5 1 1/2" strips of Kraft card stock and ran my Onyx Black and Smokey Gray Versafine ink pads directly onto the Kraft.  I then took my White GK pigment ink pad and ran it over the panels to give a slightly white-washed look.  I did the exact same thing to my diecut star.  After the panels were inked, I laid them at a diagonal over a 5" square piece of Kraft cardstock, alternating colored panels, and glued them to the piece.  Then, just turn it upside down and trim off the excess.  It's super quick and easy.

That's it for today's project.  For some more inspiration, stop in for a visit at the following Bloom Brigade Blogs:



Here' the long list of Copics I used:  E59, E57, E55, E53, E51, E50, E39, E37, E33, T7, T5, T3, T1, C7, C5, C3, C1, R89, R39, R29, R27, R24
_____________________________________________________________

Stamps:  Play Ball (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Cryogen White, Kraft (PTI)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Onyx Black and Smokey Gray (Versafine), White (GK)
Accessories:  Copics, Star die (Spellbinders), Burlap Ribbon, Dimensional Tape, Mini-Staples (Tim Holtz) 

11 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Awesome card, Tosh!! Your wood technique is fantastic!! Miss you! HUGS!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Tosh, this is a fabulous GUY card! It's beautifully colored with the great, dark paper that really work so well with this Play Ball stamp set. Wow, it shows the versatility of PP!! Love it! Hugs!

Shelly said...

FUN card!!! Love it!

Allison Cope said...

Very cool Tosh! Your wood grain is AWESOME! Works perfectly with your gorgeous coloured baseball images! Love it!

Leslie Miller said...

WOW!!! That homemade wood grain background is phenomenal! What an amazing card!

ChristineCreations said...

Your woodgrain paper and depth of colour is completely amazing on this design Tosh! What a fabulous masculine design!

Conniecrafter said...

Such an awesome job with the background, the wood looks weathered and perfect and I love all the dimension you gave to the image, Terrfic male card!

Sharon Underwood said...

Wow, that wood in the background looks REAL! That jumped out at me immediately, and I just HAD to comment! Way to go on the images, too! Great card!

Basia said...

very very cute!!!

Sherri said...

This is a fantastic guy card! LOVE the wood background & can't believe you actually made it yourself. It's beautiful! Great, great design too!

Katie Sims said...

She makes her own wood too! There certainly is no end to what you create, Tosh! I would love to just sit and watch you in your craft room...I know it is a sight to behold! LOVE the rustic look of this card...those baseball images are right at home here...what an awesome project! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs