Sunday, March 1, 2015

Kaboom ~ Waltzingmouse Stamps Preview


Did you get a chance to stop by Waltzingmouse stamps and do some shopping?  Well we're here to tempt you some more with some more inspiration.  

Today we're featuring the Kaboom stamp set, and it's coordinating Kaboom die.  For my first card, I stamped the word "Kaboom" onto white cardstock and used Salty Ocean Distress ink to give it the gradiated effect.  I just started at the bottom and worked my way up.  I mounted it over the "explosion" frame (for lack of a better explanation... ;) which was embossed with Silver ep, cut out and popped up over one that I stamped with black so it gave it more of a shadow effect.

For the background on both of my cards, I masked the frame and inked Distress Inks outward for a ray effect.  I didn't ink in a circular motion.  I started with my lightest colors and then added a darker color just around the edge for depth.

I then embossed the lightening bolts with silver and the little explosions with black.  I poked a scissors from the back to make it look like an explosion came through the paper.



My second card is pretty straight forward.  I used the same technique for the background, and popped up the frame and the word "Bam".  Bam was first stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Distress Markers.

That sums up my cards for today.  Would you like to win some Waltzingmouse Store credit?  Or the "hello" die for free?  Click HERE for all the details.

Here are the links to the rest of the Waltzingmoue blog team for some more inspiration:


   Happy Stamping!
_____________________________________________________________

Kaboom
StampsKaboom (Waltzingmouse)
Paper:  White and Black (PTI)
Ink:  Salty Ocean, Pumice Stone and Black Soot (Ranger Distress), Silvery Shimmer (Delicata), Onyx Black (Versafine)
DiesKaboom (Waltzingmouse)
Accessories:  Silver Embossing Powder, Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

Bam
Stamps Kaboom (Waltzingmouse)
Paper:  White and Black (PTI)
Ink:  Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean (Ranger Distress), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Distress Markers (Tim Holtz)

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Both are great but I really really like your first one, in fact I pinned it onto my board for kids cards, any kid I know would just love this card

Anita Braddock said...

Stunning cards the layering and the choice of colors are Amazing. love the rich and Elegant card.

jcobb said...

These are great! I really like the silver on the first one but it's great in brighter colors, too, as on the second.

D.Ann C said...

Those are just FAB! they jump right out at you!!

Anonymous said...

Love the cards, especially the creativity of the first card - WOW! Awesome job! JM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs